How to deal with chapped lips this winter?!
Winter is approaching and thus the drying season with dry hair, dry skin and dry lips. Skin and scalp release natural oil but lips don’t; so we need to moisturize it regularly else they start chapping. We also need to exfoliate the lips so that the dead skin fall off. Let’s see what are the few quick tips we should follow to have a beautiful and crack-free lips this winter.
I can’t emphasize enough on exfoliating. Do try to exfoliate your lips once or twice a week. You can buy lips scrub from stores or make it at home. I always prefer home-made ones- -easy-to-make, affordable and efficient. Here is one of the ways how can you make and use it:
Take 1 tbsp of brown sugar, 1 tbsp honey and 1 tsp olive oil. While brown sugar exfoliates, honey moisturizes. Mix all the ingredients well. Apply it on your lips and after 1 minute, scrub it off in circular motion with the help of a towel tip or soft toothbrush. Please be gentle, being harsh can totally backfire.
After that you can rinse it off and apply Vaseline.
2) Moisturize: Keep your lips moisturize at regular interval with a lip balm of good quality.
3) Sun Protection: Try to wear lip balm with SPF when you are stepping out in the Sun.
4) Night Care: Always apply Vaseline or ghee before hitting the bed at night.
5) Healthy Internally: Take your nutrients well and eat healthy. Iron deficiency can also leads to dark lips (like mine 🙁 )
6) Be Hydrated: During winter we tend to drink less water; please don’t do that. Take sufficient water so that your body is not dehydrated, and thereby your lips.
7) Good Quality Products: And last but not the least, do not wear cheap quality lipsticks.
So enjoy this winter with beautiful lips! 🙂
Source of Image 1