Rice flour-coconut face scrub for clearer and brighter skin!!
I read somewhere that coconut can be used as an hydrating agent and acts as a good cleanser. So I thought of trying a face scrub using shredded coconut along with other famous scrubbing ingredients and some good-for-face ingredients. It turned out to be really good; I found clearer skin and a instant glow on the skin. Here are some facts-
* Rice flour has been used since ages in Asian country to treat skin problems and to get a clear skin. It helps with wrinkles, blemishes and gives a fairer skin with regular use.
* While coconut acts as a cleanser and also hydrates the skin.
* Baking soda helps in acne and also acts as an exfoliant.
* Milk is also an age old used skin care ingredient. It contains lactic acid that helps in lightening of skin.
So the ingredients for this face scrub are:
* Rice flour – 1 tbsp.
* Baking soda – 1 tsp
* Coconut shredded/powder – 1/2 tbsp.
* Milk (if you have oily skin) – to make a paste
Milk cream (if you have dry skin) – to make a paste.
Make a smooth paste and apply it all over the face. Keep it on the face for 10 minutes then scrub it out with gentle circular motion. Wash it off with lukewarm water and then tone your skin with chilled rose water.
You can use this scrub once week.
P.S: Do a patch test because baking soda can lead to redness of skin to some people. You can alter the amount of baking soda depending upon how it suits you.