Chickpea salad is a side dish that can go with any north Indian meal. It can also be eaten alone as an evening snacks.
- Chickpea – 1 cup
- Carrot, onion, tomato, cucumber (chopped) – 1 cup
- Green Chilli – 1 pc (chopped)
- Salt – to taste
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp or to taste
- Chat Masala – 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Coriander leaves (chopped) – for garnish
- Soak chickpea in sufficient water for overnight or for 12 hours.
- Boil chickpea in pressure cooker with little salt (you should give 2-3 whistles and then let it cook on lowest flame for 10-15 minutes.)
- When the pressure releases, strain water from the chickpea and keep it aside.
- In the meanwhile, take chopped veggie in a bowl and add in chopped green chili.
- Add the boiled chickpea in the bowl, followed by lemon juice, salt and chat masala.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve.
Note: Mix all the ingredients just before serving to retain its freshness.