If you have been following this blog regularly, you must have observed that there are not many sweet-dish recipes posted here. It is basically because I am not much into sweet foods, my hubby is prone to diabetes because of STRONG hereditary history and he avoids sweet foods and my son is extremely moody about food. But I’ve observed whenever I gain weight, I do get a sweet tooth from nowhere. These days I’ve gained weight 🙁 , thus the craving for sweet foods 😐
Chocolate mousse is a yummy party sweet dish and of course you can make even without having any party 😉 It is very easy to make and there is just one secret to make a perfect mousse-“beating”. Yes, you just need to beat the egg white and cream perfectly and then everything will fall into place. Lets move on to the recipe.
* Egg – 2 nos.
* Milk chocolate chips (I am using Hershey’s one) – 2/3 cup
* Coffee powder – 1/2 tsp
* Unsalted butter – 2 tbsp
* Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
* Sugar – 2-3 tbsp (as per liking)
* Whipping cream – 1 cup
* Water – 2 tbsp
* Take out whipping cream in a bowl and keep it in the fridge. Also keep the beater in the fridge. It will help beating the cream faster.
* Separate eggs into egg white and yolk.
* In the egg yolk bowl, add sugar and vanilla extract. Mix well till it turns pale in colour.
* And beat the egg white till it turns stiff.
* In a double boiler, heat butter, chocolate chips, coffee and water. When butter and chocolate melt take it off the stove.
* Let it cool down a bit (not much) and then mix it well in the yolk solution. We can’t pour hot chocolate since it can make egg yolk scramble.
* Now take out the cream bowl and the beater, and beat the cream till it turns stiff.
* It is the assembly time now. Mix in the cream bowl, the egg yolk solution and the chocolate solution. Don’t mix randomly but do mix by ‘cut and fold method’.
* Take them out in the serving bowl gently and then refrigerate for 24 hours.
Serve cold with some whipped cream and a dash of cocoa powder.