Hello everyone, sorry for being dormant..was busy with something. But now I am back, and in the process of drafting the posts, so would be updating the blog quite frequently from now on (hopefully..fingers crossed). So I thought why not to start off with something sweet (our Indian culture, you know).
My son loves ice-creams and so do I. But when he was small, he couldn’t handle cold, his immunity was very weak. So feeding him ice-cream was a sin I didn’t want to commit. Even being an ice-cream lover myself I stopped eating it because of the guilt I would have to go through after eating it hiding it from my son. But now, all thanks to the Almighty, his immunity has improved tremendously, so we can get back to businesses – of eating ice cream, of course 😉
Here I am sharing one of the recipes of kesar-pista kulfi.
Ingredients (for 8 kulfis):
* Evaporated milk – 200 gm
* Whipping cream – 200 gm
* Condensed milk – totally depends upon your liking for sweetness
* Pistachio – 15-20 pcs
* Saffron – 5-6 strands
* Soak pistachio in water for 1 hour and then wash thoroughly, peel off the skin.
* Run evaporated milk and pistachio in a mixer.
* Now transfer it in a saucepan, add saffron strands and heat on sim on the smallest burner for no more than 3 minutes. Keep aside and let it cool down.
* Now in a bowl take whipping cream and whip till stiff. Add condensed milk and mix.
* Put these two (the bowl and the saucepan) in the fridge for 15-30 minutes.
* Take them out and mix together. Transfer it in the mold and put in the refrigerator on JUST LITTLE colder than the middle temperature setting of your refrigerator for 6-9 hours.
* Transfer the mold to the freezer and let it freeze.
* Take it out, garnish and enjoy.
Happy Summer! 🙂