When I was a kid I used to have matar paneer in weddings and all, it was so much in trend back then. But then I never had it for long until I met my husband who loves it till date. So now I have started making it just for him. Lets see the recipe–
Paneer (cottage cheese cubes) – 1 – 1 1/2 cup
Onion – 2 small to medium (made into paste)
Ginger-garlic-green chilli paste – 1-2 tsp
Tomato – 1 big (paste)
Meat Curry Masala – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
Frozen Peas – 1 tbps
Bay Leaf – 1 pc
Cumin Seeds (Jeera) – 1 pinch
Oil – 1 tbsp
Coriander Leaves – for garnishing
- Here you can fry paneer cubes, but I prefer just a quick tawa roast with little oil.
- Keep the fried paneer aside.
- Now in a kadhai, heat oil and then put in bay leaf and cumin seeds.
- Then pour in ginger-garlic-green chilli paste and cook till light brown.
- Now add onion paste and cook till brown.
- Add salt, turmeric and meat curry masala.
- Cook till it leaves kadhai.
- Now add tomato paste and cover the kadhai with the lid.
- Let it cook properly then add peas and then after few seconds add water to it.
- When it starts boiling add paneer.
- Let it get cooked for another minute.
- Now turn off the stove and sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with chapati/paratha or rice.