Spinach shorba had been my favorite since childhood and I always loved making it. But sadly, I was not allowed to go to the kitchen much when I was unmarried. My father used to think going in the kitchen means deviating mind from studies and my mom thought I create a heavy mess after working in the kitchen 🙁 But now as I am married and the queen (read slave 😛 ) of my kitchen, I can do whatever I want 😛
Anyway, being an anemic since ages, I do rely on spinach and beetroot to bring my hb to correct level, so I suggest all those who is suffering from low hemoglobin to try making and drinking this healthy yet yummy shorba.
- Spinach Leaves – 2 handfuls (I am taking organic baby spinach here)
- Beetroot – 1 small (peeled and roughly cut)
- Carrot – 1 pc (peeled and roughly cut)
- Tomato – 1 pc (roughly cut)
- Onion – 1/2 pc (roughly cut)
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper powder or crushed black pepper – to taste
- Butter (optional) – to garnish
- Wash baby spinach thoroughly. Wash all the other vegetables.
- Now in a pressure cooker take all the vegetables.
- Add in water till the vegetable level.
- Add salt.
- Give 2 whistles.
- Now run the pressure cooked vegetable in a mixer.
- Add in black pepper (crushed or powdered). Stir well.
- Serve it hot in a soup bowl and garnish it with butter.
P.S: I don’t know why all the pics are getting tilted after uploading 🙁