“10 Tips for working moms to cut-down their kitchen time”
A working mom is mostly loaded with so many responsibilities. She has to go to work, look after her kid(s) and also has to do the household chores. She can spend 1-2 hours extra in the kitchen during weekends to save her “kitchen time” during weekdays. Below are the tips even you can follow!
1) Instead of cutting tomato daily, you can do the following-cut each tomatoes into four pieces, pressure cook it with little salt and sugar. Make its puree/paste and freeze it in the ice tray. De-mold it and keep it in a zip-lock bag. It will be all handy(for making dal, curry, soups etc) and can be used within 15 days.
2) You can also do that with ginger-garlic paste and can store for 15 days in freezer.
3) You can also make “bhuna masala” and store for a week. Just fry ginger, garlic and onion in little oil and refrigerate it in an air-tight container.
4) You can also boil potatoes and can refrigerate for 4 days.
5) Make sugar syrup which is very handy and do last long. Mix water and sugar, keep it on a stove just to melt the sugar. Let it cool down. Now transfer it in a bottle and refrigerate.
6) You can dry roast semolina, peanuts etc which can be used easily for making halwa, upma etc.
7) If you are also so fond of spinach, like me, you can make its paste and refrigerate it in an air tight container. And can use it in making curry (Learn: Mixed veg. in tomato-spinach gravy), dal, soup, raita (Learn: palak raita) etc.
8) If you are fond of cardamom tea and have to grind cardamom daily(be it in mortar-pestle), just grind its peel and mix it with the tea leaves/tea grains. When you’ll make your tea it will have the flavor of cardamom, just make sure to store the tea-cardamom peel powder in an airtight container.
9) You can keep frozen paneer, peas and corns handy in your freezer.
10) If you drink coffee daily and have to beat it every day, you can try this one-just beat coffee powder and sugar with little water(just to help mixing). And keep it an air-tight container. You just have to heat up milk and add this mixture and your coffee will be ready in no time. (Also find:How to make cappuccino at home).
Few days back, I was going through a site where maids were supplied. I loved its tagline to the core. It was something like this “you are not born to spend your life washing or cooking”; so true! We spend so much of our time FOR our near and dear ones in the kitchen; now we should try spend time WITH them. :)