Useful kitchen tips!
Here are few kitchen tips. Hope you find them useful 🙂
1) Sometimes you find the coffee in the container has hardened. This is because of the moisture which has entered the container. Never keep the container in fridge and always close them tightly.The best way to store coffee powder is to keep them in an air-tight container and keep a spoonful rice wrapped in a linen cloth in it for preventing the hardening of coffee.
2) While frying something in butter, add a bit of oil in it to avoid burning of butter.
3) If you have to grate cheese, apply oil on the grater. It will make grating easier and will also prevent sticking of cheese on the grater.
4) If you have to peel off garlic skin, put it in water for 10-15 minutes and then peeling would be easier.
5) If you want to make crispy pakodas (fritters), add some rice flour in the batter.
6) If you want to make non-sticky okras, don’t wash them with water before cooking. Instead, wipe them with a clean wet cloth or with kitchen towel and let them dry before cooking.
7) When you have to choose one brinjal from two of the same size, pick the lighter one as it will have less seeds or less matured seeds!!