Aalo Tikki Burger
Veg burger can be made with various kinds of patties, but in this post I am sticking to our age old aalo tikki burger.
As mentioned time and again that the benefit of cooking at home is that you can customize the recipe according to your liking, so here also you can modify the ingredients as per your liking.
Ingredients (For 2 small burgers):
- Burger Bun – 2
- Potato – 1 medium (boiled and mashed)
- Mix of finely chopped onion, capsicum, carrot and green chilli – 1-2 tbsp
- Chat Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Black Pepper – 1 pinch
- Cornflour – 1-2 tbsp
- Bread Crumbs – 1/2 cup (small)
- Salt – to taste
- Cheese Slice – 2
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Mayonnaise – 1 tbsp
- Tomato Sauce – 1 tsp or as per liking
- Green Chutney – 1 tsp or as per liking
- Lettuce Leave, tomato slice, onion slice, cucumber – as per liking
- Oil – to fry
- Heat up 1 tsp of oil in a pan.
- Now add in chopped onion, capsicum, carrot and green chilli into it.
- After the veggies turn tender, add in the boiled potato.
- Now add salt and black pepper.
- Next add 1 tsp of cornflour. Cornflour is needed for binding of tikkis so adjust the quantity to get the bind. Please don’t add so much of cornflour as it makes the tikkis taste so much flour-y. Switch off the gas at this point as we don’t need to fry the cornflour. Mix it well.
- Sprinkle chat masala onto it, mix well.
- Now make tikkis out of the mixture.
- Heat up oil for frying. In the meanwhile, take about 1-2 tsp of cornflour in a small bowl and add about 3/4 bowl of water in it. And in a plate take bread crumbs.
- Now dip the tikki in the cornflour mixture followed by rolling it over the bread crumbs. Repeat the process TWICE to get a crispy tikki.
- Fry the tikkis in medium hot oil till golden brown.
- Now its layering time. Cut the buns into halves.
- Spread butter on the open end of the lower part of the bun followed by green chutney, mayonnaise and tomato sauce.
- Now place the cheese slice, lettuce and slice vegetables followed by tikki and the upper part of the bun.
Note: Layer the burger just when you need to serve it…else it will turn soggy.