This dish needs no introduction 😉
Just a note–I forgot to take step-wise pics for bhature so no pic for that 🙁
Ingredients (For chhole):
Chickpeas (kabuli chana) – 1/4 cup
Salt – to taste
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste or grated – 1 tbsp
Onion – 2 medium (make paste)
Tomato – 1 large (make paste)
Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
Cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
Black pepper – 1/4 tsp
Garam masala – 1/4-1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4-1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder or green chilli – as per liking (I am taking green chilli)
Oil – 1-2 tbsp
Kasuri methi – 1 tbsp
Bay leaf – 1 pc
Tea bag – 1
Ingredients (For bhature):
Method (For chhole):
* Soak chickpeas overnight. Take it in a pressure cooker with salt, tea bag and water till its level. Give 5-7 whistles.
* Heat oil in a kadhai and then add bay leaf and cumin seeds.
* Then add giner-garlic and green chilli.
* After 2 minutes, add onion paste.
* Now add salt, dry masalas (except garam masala). Fry for sometime.
* Now add tomato paste and cook the masalas properly.
* In the meanwhile crush some boiled kabuli chana (chickpeas) and keep aside.
* Now add kasuri methi in the masala and then the crushed chana.
* Trasnfer the masala in a pressure cooker, add the boiled chana and garam masala.
* Now add water and close the lid. Give 3-4 whistles.
Ingredients (For bhature):-
All purpose flour (maida) – 2 bowls
Baking soda – 1 pinch
Curd – 2 tbsp
Milk – 5 tbsp
Salt – 1 pinch
Sugar – 1/4-1/2 tsp
Oil – for frying
Method (For bhature):-
* Mix all the ingredients well and make a dough (if required, can add little water).
* Preheat oven to 100-150 degree and put in the dough bowl. Cover with wet cloth and let it rest for 5 hours. (This step is for those who lives in cold environment).
* Roll, press the dough into pooris and fry.