Happy New Year, everyone! Sorry for being soooooo late to wish and not posting anything for a month. I have been busy with something or the other (I know, that is not a good excuse 😉 ) Anyway, from now onwards I would try to add 1-2 blog post(s) per week. So here comes the first one – Chilli Mushroom, a famous and tasty indo-chinese dish.
* Mushroom – 12-15 pcs (cut into 4 pcs each)
* Corn flour – 4 tbsp
* All-purpose flour (maida) – 1 tbsp
* Salt – to taste
* Red chilli powder – 1 pinch
* Black pepper powder – 1 pinch
* Capsicum – 1 small (cut)
* Onion – 1 small (cut)
* Garlic – 1 tsp (chopped/grated)
* Green Chilli – 1 pc (cut/chopped)
* Soya sauce – 3-4 tbsp
* Green chilli sauce (or red chilli if you can handle that) – 1 tbsp
* Tomato sauce – 1 tbsp. (optional)
* Vinegar – 1/4 tsp
* Oil – for frying
* Spring onion (chopped) – for garnishing
* Make a batter with 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour, 2 tbsp. corn flour, red chilli powder, black pepper powder, 1/4 tsp garlic, 1-2 tbsp. soya sauce, salt and water.
* Dip the mushrooms in the batter. And let it marinate for 15 minutes.
* Deep fry the mushrooms.
* Heat little oil in a kadhai or pan.
* Now add green chilli and garlic and after 1-2 minutes, add capsicum and onion.
* In the meanwhile, make a mixture of corn flour, salt, soya sauce, chilli sauce, tomato sauce, vinegar, salt and water. Make a lump-free mixture.
* Add the mixture in the kadhai and let it come to a boil (stir occasionally).
* Now add the fried mushroom.
* After 2 minutes, switch off the stove and garnish with chopped spring onion.