Paneer in bell pepper-tomato gravy!
My sis made this curry few days back at her home (her in-laws do not eat onion-garlic)and then she told me how awesome the curry turned out to be. She praised it so much that I couldn’t help myself trying this recipe. I tried it yesterday, and it turned out to be really good (hubby ate almost my portion of the curry too 🙁 ). So lets look at this easy, no onion-garlic curry recipe.
* Cottage cheese/paneer – 1 bowl (cubed)
* Red bell pepper – 1 pc.
* Tomato – 2 medium sized
* Ginger – 1 inch
* Green chilli – 1 pc
* Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
* Sugar or honey – 1 tsp
* Salt – to taste
* Red chilli powder – as per liking
* Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
* Dry fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi) – 1 tbsp
* Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
* Milk – 1/4 bowl
* Cream – 1/4 bowl
* Oil – 1-2 tbsp
* Shallow fry paneer. It is an optional step, if you like it without frying, you can go ahead!
* In a wok heat oil and then add green chilli, chopped bell pepper and ginger.
* Roast till bell pepper turns soft.
* Take it out, let it cool a bit and then make its paste with little water.
* Now make another paste of tomatoes.
* Heat up oil in a wok now and then add cumin seeds. Once it starts crackling, add the bell pepper paste.
* Cook for 2-3 minutes and then add the tomato paste.
* After 1-2 minute(s), add salt, turmeric powder, garam masala and red chilli powder.
* Cook till oil separates. Now add, cream, milk and about 1/4 bowl water.
* Cook for 2-3 minutes and then add the paneer.
* Crush kasuri methi between palms and then add it in the curry.
* Cover the wok with a lid and let the curry cook for about 4-5 minutes.
* Now add honey or sugar, give it a mix.
* Switch off the stove.
Serve hot with roti/paratha or rice!