Falafel is a traditional Middle Eastern food, it can also be called as “a fritter of middle east”. It is made up of ground chickpeas, fava beans, or both. Here I am sharing the falafel recipe made up of ground chickpeas.
- Chickpea – 1 cup
- Onion (chopped) – 2-3 tsp
- Garlic – 1-2 pc (big)
- Cumin – 1/4-1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Black Pepper Powder – 1 pinch
- Cayenne Pepper – 1 pinch
- Coriander (ground) – 1/4 tsp
- Parsley (chopped) – 1 tbsp
- Flour – 1-2 tbsp
- Oil – for frying
- Cardamon – little bit (optional)
- Soak chickpeas overnight in sufficient water.
- Next day drain all the water and wash chickpeas 2-3 times.
- Now in a mixer/grinder take all the ingredients mentioned in the ingredients’ list except salt and flour.
- Make a coarse paste. Don’t make a fine one.
- Now take it out in a big bowl and mix salt and flour.
- In the meanwhile take oil in a kadhai and let it turn medium hot.
- Make balls out of the paste. The flour should be sufficient to make the balls but shouldn’t be so much, else the balls will turn out hard.
- Fry the balls till golden brown.
Enjoy it as it is or can make it into a wrap.