Fluffy veg. pancakes!
Breakfast should be a complete food because it is the first food after a long gap and as we say it is about “breaking” the long 10-12 hours “fast”. I try to make it more healthy by adding veggies in it. This fluffy pancake is very great breakfast option as it is full of veggies which makes it healthy plus it is super-quick to make. So let’s move on to the recipe.
* Semolina – 2 cups
* Yogurt – 1/2 cup
* Green chilli – 1 tsp (finely chopped)
* Salt – to taste
* Mixed veg. of your choice – 1 cup (chopped)
* Eno – 1/2 sachet
* Oil – 1-2 tbsp
* In a big bowl take semolina, salt and curd. Mix them well to form a batter. You can also add little water to get a perfect batter consistency. It shouldn’t be runny.
* Now take veggies of your choice. I have taken onion, capsicum and tomato. Chop them and add them in the batter. Also add 1/2-1 tsp of oil.
* Heat up oil in a pan. And JUST BEFORE start making pancakes, add eno in the batter and mix gently with light hand (don’t over-mix it).
* Now pour 2 tbsp of batter in the pan. Let it leave the edges, and then sprinkle little oil around the edges and on the top of it.
* Flip over to cook the other side. It should be golden to dark brown in colour.
Now take it out and serve hot with chatni/raita/sauce etc 🙂