Masala chana with murmure
Masala chana is one of the famous dishes of Bihar known there as “ghugani”. You can make it as an evening snacks. It also makes a famous combo with halwa known as halwa-chana.
* Black Chickpea (kala chana) – 1/2 cup (soaked overnight)
* Onion (chopped) – 1 small
* Ginger-garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
* Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
* Coriander powder – 1-2 tsp
* Salt – to taste
* Tomato (chopped) – 1 small
* Green chilli (chopped) – 1
* Oil – tbsp
* Cook black chickpea with little water and salt in a pressure cooker till 4 whistles.
* When the pressure releases, take out the chana and throw the water.
* In the cooker take oil and heat it up.
* Now add ginger-garlic paste and chopped green chilli.
* After 1 minute, add chopped onion.
* Cook till onion turns light brown.
* Now add turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt.
* Cook for 3-4 minutes.
* Now add chopped tomato and cook till it is done.
* Add little water and close the lid. Give 3-4 whistles.
* When the pressure releases, put the cooker again on the stove and reduce the water.
* Turn off the stove and garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
* Serve it with roasted murmure or halwa. 🙂