Noodles is getting very popular in India and across the world. I remember when mom brought veg. noodles for the very first time when me and my sis were kids (90s), we didn’t like it and threw it 😛 But then gradually we started liking it. There was a flavour coming in maggi called “sweet & sour”..yummyyy..how tasty it was, but that flavor was discontinued by maggi. I still miss that 🙁 . Anyway, lets move to today’s recipe-Hakka Noodles!
* Hakka noodles – 2 cups
* Veg. of your choice – 1 cup (cut in length)
* Onion – 1 tbsp (cut in length)
* Oil – 2-3 tbsp
* Soya sauce – 1-2 tbsp
* Chilli sauce – 1 tbsp
* Tomato ketchup – 1-2 tsp
* Vinegar – 1 tsp
* Salt – to taste
* Chilli oil – 1 tbsp (optional)
* Spring onion – to garnish
* Boil noodles in salted water (do not overcook).
* After boiling noodles, strain and run it through cold water.
* Sprinkle little oil over it, mix well and keep aside.
* In a wok, heat up oil and add veg. (first that takes longer to cook and the rest in the same sequence according to their cooking time).
* Cook the veggies on high flame (do not cook for more than 5 minutes; they need to be crunchy).
* Now add little salt and then add noodles.
* Add the sauces and toss 2-3 times. Turn off the stove.
* Garnish with chilli oil and spring onion.
Note: You can make chilli oil at home by heating a handful of red chillies in 2-3 tbsp. of oil and then heat it for sometime. Turn off the stove and then strain the oil. You can store it in a bottle.