Healthy oatmeal cubes!
By Shivani Varma
Honey oatmeal bar is one of the recipes that tastes great and is healthier as well. Pediatricians also suggest to include oat meals and exclude extra sugar from you kid’s daily diet.
Rolled oats – 1/2 cup
Raisins (or any other dry fruits of your choice, cut into half) – 1-2 tbsp
Self-raising flour (preferable wholemeal) – 1/4 cup
Raw sugar – 3/4 cup
Coconut (desiccated or shredded) – 1/4 cup
Butter or margarine – 80 gm (4 x 20 ml spoon)
Honey – 1/2 -1 tbsp (I have used very little sugar, substituted it for more honey and increased the quantity of oats to more than half cup but less than 1 cup)
* Take all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix them well.
* In another bowl take butter and honey. Mix well.
* Now pour this butter-honey mixture into the first bowl and mix well.
* Spread and press evenly the mixture into a greased baking tray.You can pat 2-3 times after pouring this mixture so that it spreads evenly.
* Preheat oven to 180 180ºC/350F. Now bake the mixture for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown (keep checking at regular intervals). I kept on convection mode for about 20 mins until it turned golden.
* Cut it into small cubes while it is hot.
* Remove the cubes from the tray when it cools down.
It is all ready to be eaten. It can last upto 4-5 days if stored in an airtight container. Hope you’ll liked it! 🙂
Shivani Varma is a young Indian mommy from Chandigarh. Formerly worked at ‘The Deccan Herlad’ and ‘Franchise India Holding Limited’ as a senior sub-editor, she left her job to take care of her sweet daughter, Aaditri. She loves to cook and is very much concerned about calorie counts in her recipes. ‘I prefer to cook my food (for two) in not more than a spoon of oil’, says Shivani.