“Jeera Rice” is a simple rice recipe that goes with any gravy and makes the whole meal tastier.
Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Oil/Ghee – 1 tbsp
Bay Leaf – 1 pc
Black cardamom – 1 pc
Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Wash rice properly and soak it in enough water for 1 hour.
- Now heat up 5-6 cups of water in a big open vessel.
- Add salt, cardamom, cinnamon and bay leaf in it.
- Rinse rice nicely and here is a beauty tip (lol), don’t throw all the water; instead apply it on your skin and wash it after 10-15 minutes, your skin would feel soft and supple.Back to the recipe. And now add rice into the boiling water.
- When rice is cooked (don’t wait till it is all mushy), drain out the water and keep the rice aside..
- Now in a kadhai/wok/pan take oil. When it heats up and add cumin seeds.
- When it starts to splutter, add the boiled rice. And cook it for 1-2 minute(s).
- Switch off the flame and garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
Serve it with you favorite gravy 🙂