* Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
* Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 tsp
* Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
* Black pepper – 1/4 tsp
* Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
* Clove – 2 pcs.
* Cardamom – 2 pcs.
* Red chilli – 1 pc
* Capsicum – 1 small
* Onion – 1 small (shelled and cut into halves)
* Onion – 1 big (sliced)
* Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
* Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
* Tomato – 2 small (cut into pieces)
* Mushroom (cut into pieces) – 1 big cup
* Kasuri methi – 2 tsp (crushed).
* Oil – 2-4 tbsp
* Salt – to taste
* Cream – 2 tbsp
* Dry roast coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, black pepper, fennel seeds, cloves, cardamom and red chilli in a pan.
* When they cool down grind them to make a powder.
* Dice capsicum. Shallow fry mushroom, capsicum and shelled onion. Do this on high flame else, mushroom will leave lots of water and will become watery.
* Now heat up oil in a kadhai and add sliced onion. When it turns little brown add tomato. Cook till tomato is soft and tender.
* Take them off the flame, let it cool down a little and then make its paste.
* Now heat up oil in kadhai and add ginger-garlic paste.
* When its rawness fades, add turmeric powder, salt and the dry masala powder.
* After 1 minute, add the tomato-onion paste. Cook for a couple of minutes.
* Now add capsicum, mushroom and onion. Also add crushed kasuri methi (add little water if required). Give it a nice mix and cook for 2 minutes and then switch off the stove.
* Add cream and mix well.
Serve hot with roti or naan 🙂