No menu in any Indian restaurants is complete without kadhai paneer. It is very famous paneer dish and paneer lovers(like me) simply loves it. At one point in time, I was so much addicted to this dish that whenever I used to go out for dinner, it was just a default order from my side 😉
Coriander seeds-1 tbsp
Fenugreek seeds-1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
Black pepper-1/4 tsp
Fennel seeds- 1/2 tsp
Red chilli-1 pc
Onion-1 small (shelled and cut into halves)
Onion-1 big (sliced)
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste-1 tsp
Tomato- 2 small (cut into pieces)
Paneer(cottage cheese)-100 gm
Kasuri methi-2 tsp (crushed).
* Dry roast coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, black pepper, fennel seeds, cloves, cardamom and red chilli in a saucepan.
* When they cool down grind them to make a powder.
* Dice paneer and capsicum. Shallow fry paneer, capsicum and shelled onion.
* Now heat up oil in a kadhai and add sliced onion. When it turns little brown, add tomato. Cook till tomato is soft and tender.
* Take them off the flame, let it cool down a little and then make its paste.
* Now heat up oil in kadhai and add ginger-garlic paste.
* When its rawness fades, add turmeric powder, salt and the dry masala powder.
* After 1 minute add the tomato-onion paste. Cook for a couple of minutes.
* Now add capsicum, paneer and onion. Also add crushed kasuri methi (add little water if required). Give it a nice mix and cook for 2 minutes and then switch off the stove.
Our favorite kadhai paneer is ready to be served with roti or naan 🙂