Happy Independence Day to all the Indians across the globe.
We, Indians are so fond of chatpata food. So without much ado let me share this chatpata dish with you…
- All-purpose flour – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Carom Seeds (Ajwain) – 1/2 pinch
- Oil – 1-1/2 tbsp
- Oil – for frying
- Potato (boiled) – 1 pc
- Chickpea (boiled with little salt) – 1/2 bowl
- Onion (chopped) – 1/2 tbsp
- Green chilli (chopped) – 1/4 tsp
- Chat masala, roasted cumin seed powder, green chutney, grated raw mango, methi chutney, curd, bhujia – to garnish (as per liking)
- Add salt in APF and mix properly. Now add ajwain and oil in it.
- Add little water to make a tight dough and keep aside for 5-10 mins.
- Roll to make a small circle.
- Now stick the poori (with the help of water) at the back of any steel bowl and poke little with a fork. * Heat-up oil in a kadhai and drop cautiously the bowl in it.
- With the help of a spoon try to release the edge of the poori and then fry it from all the sides.
- For the filling, use whatever you’d like to use. Here I am using boiled potato and boiled red chickpea as the base.
- Mix boiled potato, boiled chickpea, chopped onion-green chilli and salt (if needed).
- Now take one dried katori and add in the filling and garnish with green chutney, grated mango, methi chatni, beaten curd, chat masala, roasted cumin seeds powder and bhujia.
All ready to dig in 🙂