This recipe is a low fat version of kadhi pakora with the goodness of methi (fenugreek) intact.
Ingredients (For 2):
Besan/gram flour – 1 cup
Baking soda – 1 pinch
Turmeric powder – 2-3 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Methi (fenugreek) – 2 tbsp (cleaned, chopped and water squeezed out)
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curd – 2 tbsp (thick)
Red chilli – 1
Asafoetida powder – 1 small pinch
Curry leaves – 3-4 pcs
Salt – to taste
* Make batter with besan, baking soda, salt, little turmeric and chilli powder, chopped methi leaves and water.
* Grease appam pan and put in the batter. Flip the pakodas and press with the help of a spoon so that they are cooked from inside too. Take them out on a plate. Keep aside.
* Now in a wok/kadhai, heat oil.
* In the meanwhile, take curd in a bowl and beat it till smooth and lump free. Add salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, little besan and water.
* Now add mustard in the kadhai. When mustard starts to splutter, add red chilli, curry leaves and asafoetida powder.
* Now add the mixture. Let it boil for a couple of minutes and then add the pakodas. Cover with a lid.
* Turn off the stove. Serve hot with roti or rice.