Mushroom Matar Malai!
* Oil – 2-3 tbsp
* Cashew nut – 2-3 tbsp
* Onion – 2 (medium size-sliced)
* Tomato – 1 (medium sized-sliced)
* Garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
* Green chilli – 2 nos.
* Clove – 2 pcs.
* Cinnamon – 1″ stick
* Salt – to taste
* Garam Masala – 1 tsp
* Kasuri Methi – 1/2 tbsp
* Cream – 1-2 tbsp
* Black pepper – 1/2 tsp (crushed)
* Button Mushrooms – 2 bowls (cut into pieces)
* Frozen Peas – 1/2 bowl
* In a kadhai heat up oil and then add mushrooms. After 1-2 minute(s), add the frozen peas.
* Cook on high flame for 1-2 minute(s). Don’t overcook it. Now switch off the stove and add salt and crushed pepper.
* Take them out on a plate.
* Now heat up little oil in the same kadhai.
* Put in cloves, cinnamon and cashew nut. After they turn light brown, add garlic paste and chopped chilli.
* After 30 seconds, add sliced onion.
* Cook till light brown. Now add sliced tomato.
* Add salt and cook for 5 minutes.
* Turn off the stove and let it cool down.
* When it cools down, make its paste.
* Now heat up oil in the same kadhai. Yes, again 😛
* Add the paste and cook till it leaves oil.
* Now add garam masala and crushed kasuri methi.
* Add fried mushrooms and peas. Cook for 1-2 minute(s).
* Now add cream and turn off the stove after 30 seconds or so.
Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with chapati/paratha/naan etc.