Mushroom palak (Mushroom spinach)
Both mushroom and spinach are very versatile veggies. A large number of recipes can be made using them, here is one of those 😉
Button mushroom – 2 cups (cut into pieces)
Spinach – 1 cup (chopped)
Onion – 2 medium (made into paste)
Tomato – 1 big (made into paste)
Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tbsp.
Cumin powder – 1/2-1 tsp
Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp or to taste
Salt – to taste
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Oil – 1-2 tbsp.
Spring onion – to garnish
* In a skillet heat up oil and then add cumin seeds.
* When it starts crackling, add ginger-garlic paste.
* After 1-2 minute(s), add onion paste and fry till it turns brown.
* Now add tomato paste and all the dry masala powders (coriander, cumin, salt, turmeric, red chilli).
* Cook till oil separates.
* In the meanwhile, sauté mushroom in another wok. Tip: always use high flame while cooking mushroom, it retains its moisture and texture both.
* Now in the 1st skillet add chopped spinach and sautéed mushroom.
* Cook for another 2-3 minutes and then turn off the stove.
Garnish with spring onion and serve hot with chapati/nan/paratha etc!