Oat and whole wheat flour bannock!
Bannock is a quick and easy to make flat bread. You can also use some other flours (like oat flour, barley flour etc) or all-purpose flour in it instead of whole wheat flour for this recipe; but I am on “maida chodo abhiyaan” these days 😛 , so it is whole wheat flour for me.
Here goes the recipe!
* Instant oat – 1/2 cup
* Whole wheat flour – 1 ½ cups
* Egg – 1
* Milk – 1 ½-2 cups
* Baking powder – 1 pinch
* Sugar – 1 tbsp (or to taste)
* Vanilla Essence – 1/2 tsp
* Butter – 1-2 tbsp
* Honey & nuts – for garnishing
* In a bowl take whole wheat flour and baking powder mix well. You can also take them in a strainer and strain down, it helps in mixing them well.
* Now take two bowls. Break an egg and separate the egg yolk and egg white. Put egg yolk in a bowl and egg white in another bowl. Beat egg white well (till frothy).
* Now in the whole wheat bowl, add the egg yolk and mix well. And add oat, sugar, vanilla essence and milk.
* Then pour the egg white in the batter. Turn with gentle hand and only in one direction.
* Now heat up a pan and spread butter on it.
* Pour 1-2 tbsp of the batter and let it cook.
* Cook both sides til golden brown.
* Take it out and garnish it with honey and nuts of your choice.
Serve hot! 🙂