Paneer Kathi Roll
Kathi roll can be eaten as a wholesome meal for lunch or dinner. To increase its nutrient quotient, you can make the dough totally of whole-wheat flour instead of maida.
For the dough-
* All-purpose flour (maida) – 1 1/2 cups
* Whole wheat flour (atta) – 1/2 cup
* Salt – 1 pinch
* Oil – 1-2 tbsp
For the filling-
* Cottage cheese (paneer) – 2 cups (small cubes)
* Curd/yogurt – 1 1/2 cups
* Tandoori masala – 1-2 tbsp
* Kasoori methi – 1 tsp
* Chat masala – 1 tsp
* Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
* Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
* Salt – to taste
* Oil – 1 tbsp
* Sliced veggies – onion, capsicum, cabbage.
For making rolls-
* Oil – for making rolls
* Make a dough (not very soft) of the ingredients mentioned above with water. Cover and let it rest for about 15 minutes.
* Now in a big bowl, mix all the ingredients mentioned above under the “filling” section. Cover and keep it aside for atleast 1/2 hr.
* Now after 1/2 hr, heat up oil in a wok or kadhai and pour in the ingredients of the filling. Cover it with a lid and let it cook till all the filling dries up (stir occasionally to prevent sticking).
* After it dries out, switch off the stove.
* Now make thin roti of the dough (make it the thinnest you can). Now cook it on a tava with little oil, till crispy.
* Take it down, add in little filling and the sliced veggies and roll it. Similarly make rest of the rolls.
Serve hot 🙂
P.S: I’ve sauteed the sliced veggies as my hubby wanted to eat it like that 😐