Paneer mushroom matar masala
Here is a yummy party dish for paneer, mushroom and pea lovers. Lets look at the recipe:-
* Mushroom (cut into pieces) – 2 cups
* Paneer (diced) – 1 cup
* Frozen peas – 1-2 tbsp
* Onion – 2 medium size
* Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
* Tomato – 1 big size
* Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
* Red chilli powder – as per liking
* Salt – to taste
* Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
* Cumin powder – 1 tsp
* Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
* Cumin seed – 1/2-1 tsp
* Oil – 2 tbsp
* Garam masala powder – 1/2-1 tsp
* Cashew nut – 1 cup
* Fenugreek leaves – 1 tbsp
* Soak cashew nut in water for around 30-45 minutes. If you don’t have that much time, soak it in warm water in an airtight container, close the lid for around 10 minutes and then make its paste.
* Dip diced paneer in warm salted water (this will make the paneer soft).
* Heat up oil in a wok and fry paneer, musroom and peas. Shallow fry in high flame else mushroom will leave water and will lose its texture.
* Now make paste of onion and another paste of tomato.
* Heat up oil in wok and then add cumin seeds. When it starts crackling, add the ginger-garlic paste.
* After 2-3 minutes, add onion paste. Fry till it turns brown.
* Now add all the dry masala (except garam masala).
* Fry for few minutes, then add the tomato paste.
* Cook till oil separates.
* Now add cashew nut paste and fry for 4-5 minutes (till it leaves oil).
* Add the fried paneer, mushroom and peas. Also add little water.
* Crush fenugreek leave between palms and add it to the gravy.
* Give it a boil and turn off the stove.
Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with chapati/paratha/naan.