Paneer Tikka Masala
Paneer lovers have so many options to spoil themselves and this recipe adds to the list. I feel guilty if I make so rich food at home, so to cut down my guilt little bit, I am using evaporated milk instead of cream. Of course you can go ahead and add cream. So lets have a look at the recipe.
* Paneer cubes – 1 cup
* Capsicum – 1 small (diced)
* Onion – 1 small (diced)
* Onion paste – of 1 big onion
* Ginger,garlic, chilli paste or grated – 1/2 tbsp
* Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
* Coriander powder – 1/2 tbsp
* Cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
* Black pepper powder – 1 pinch
* Salt – to taste
* Oil – 2 tbsp
* Cumin seed – 1/4 tsp
* Curd – 3 tbsp (if used for marinating onion and capsicum also, else 2 tbsp)
* Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
* Tomato puree – 1 tbsp
* Red chilli powder – 1/4 tsp (or as per your liking)
* Tandoori masala – 2-3 tsp
* Chat masala – 1/4 tsp
* Lemon juice – 1/4 tsp
* Butter – 1/2 tbsp
* Cream – 1 tbsp
* Cashewnut paste – 1-2 tbsp
* Kasuri methi – 1/2-1 tbsp
* Take curd in a bowl and add tandoori powder, chat masala, lemon juice and little salt.
* Mix well and then add paneer in the bowl.
* Cover the bowl and let the paneer marinate for 15-20 minutes minimum.
* You can also marinate onion and capsicum.
* If you are not marinating onion and capsicum (like me), then heat up little oil in a pan and put in capsicum and onion.
* Do not cook for more than 2 minutes. Add little salt and take them out on a plate.
* Now in the same pan, take marinated paneer (no need to take oil etc).
* You can very well grill the paneer, capsicum and onion, but I like it this way better.
* Now let the paneer marinaton become dry. Keep tossing at regular interval.
* While the paneer marination is cooking, you can start making gravy.
* Heat up oil in a pan and add butter.
* Now add cumin seeds. When it starts crackling, add ginger, garlic, chilli paste.
* After the raw smell of ginger-garlic fades, add the onion paste.
* Cook till brown.
* Now add dry masala-turmeric powder, cumin seeds powder, black pepper powder, red chilli powder, coriander seeds powder and salt.
* Let the masala cook little bit. Now add tomato puree.
* After it leaves oil, add cashewnut paste.
* Cook for 2 minutes and then add kasuri methi and garam masala.
* Now add little water.
* Put in the veggies, mix well and then add cream/evaporated milk.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with roti of your choice! Enjoy 🙂