Pasta in Creamy Broccoli-Spinach Sauce
Here comes another yummy pasta recipe with veggies, broccoli and spinach which makes it even healthier (I don’t use maida pasta but semolinea one). So without much adieu, let’s see the recipe.
* Pasta (of your choice) – 2-3 bowls
* Bell Pepper – 1 pc (I have taken mixed bell peppers)
* Onion – 1 pc
* All-purpose flour – 1-2 tbsp
* Garlic – 2-3 pc (large)
* Spinach – 1 small bunch
* Broccoli – 3-4 florets
* Butter – 1 tbsp
* Salt – to taste
* Olive Oil – 1-2 tbsp
* Milk – 250-300 ml
* Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
* Herbs (dry oregano, dry basil) – optional
* Cheese – 1 cup (shredded)
* Boil pasta in salted water. Strain the pasta and run it through cold water. Now sprinkle little oil over it, mix and keep aside.
* Blanch or boil spinach and broccoli.
* Run them in a chopper. Take them out.
* Also run bell peppers in a chopper.
* Heat up oil in a wok.
* Add chopped garlic.
* After 10-20 seconds, add chopped onion.
* When onion becomes translucent, add the chopped bell peppers.
* Cook for 2 minutes and then add the blanched and chopped spinach-broccoli.
* Cook for another 3-4 minutes and add salt and black pepper powder.
* Now in another pan, heat up butter. You can also add little bit of oil to prevent burning of butter.
* Now add all-purpose flour and mix well. Cook for no more than 1 minute.
* Now slowly add milk into the wok and stir continuously so that no lumps are formed.
* When it comes to a boil and thickens a bit, add salt and black pepper.
* Now add the mixture we prepared earlier to it and mix everything well.
* Add in the pasta and dry herbs. Sprinkle the shredded cheese and mix well.
* Turn off the stove and serve hot.