So here I am with another pasta recipe-Pesto Pasta. You can add more of the veggies or can totally eliminate it depending on your liking and convenience. I have added onion and capsicum.Lets look at the rest of the ingredients and the method!
* Pasta of your choice (I’ve taken shell pasta) – 2 cups
* Basil – 1 bunch
* Pine nuts – 2 tbsp (if you are not getting pine nuts, you can also use walnuts)
* Garlic – 4-5 cloves
* Parmesan Cheese – 1/2 cup
* Olive oil – 1-2 tbsp (for pesto sauce) + 1-2 tsp (for sauteing veggies)
* Salt – to taste
* Veggie of your choice (optional) – as per liking
* Boil water in a vessel. Add salt to it and then add the pasta.
* Let it cook 90%. Now strain it and run through cold water; sprinkle little oil over it, mix and keep aside.
* In a mixer, take basil, parmesan cheese, olive oil, pine nuts, garlic and salt to taste. Make a paste (need not be very smooth).
* Now heat up oil in a pan and then add the veggies of your choice. Sprinkle little salt over it.
* Now add the pasta and the pesto sauce in the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
* Turn off the stove and sprinkle little cheese and black pepper powder on it.