Power packed paratha for kids!
Hello everyone! How’re you’ll doing? I had two back-to-back fantastic weekends. Although I am not so well health-wise, but nonetheless, I enjoyed every bit of it. But one thing that is giving me headache is that my son is not eating vegetables these days. When he was small, he used to eat even spinach and lady finger (although not so easily, but still the effort was worth the result). But now as he is growing up, he is not liking veggies at all. Even if I hide it beneath rice and dal, he eats rice and dal and take veggie out of his mouth (kids these days are really smarter).
So finally I had to search for a way out, and I came out with the idea of adding all the healthy nutrients (green veggies and seeds) in his paratha, so that it becomes power-packed.
Lets see how!
* Multi-grain atta – 2 small cups
* Carrot (grated) – 2 tbsp
* Methi leaves (finely chopped) – 1 tbsp
* Spinach leaves (finely chopped) – 2 tbsp
* Nigella sativa (mangrail) – 1 pinch
* Carom seed (ajwain) – 1 pinch
* Flax seeds or sesame seeds – 1 tsp
* Ghee – 1 tbsp
* Salt – to taste
* Mix all the ingredients well.
And make a dough. If you want to make the paratha even softer, you can use milk to make the dough or you can add little milk along with water to make the dough.
* Keep it aside for atleast 30 minutes.
* Make paratha or laccha paratha. (P.S: Sorry I forgot to click pic of the final paratha 🙁 )
And serve warm with whatever dip or sauce you kid like 🙂