Quick Aalo Tikki
I made aalo paratha for breakfast today morning and had some boiled potatoes left. I don’t carry leftover food so long and finish it within 24 hours, so I thought of using these boiled potatoes for making tikkis along with the dinner. You can also fry the potatoes before making them into tikkis, but I didn’t. Here goes the recipe-
Boiled potatoes- 2-3 nos.
Onion – 1 small
Green chilli – 1 pc.
Red chilli powder – 1 pinch
Ginger – 1/2 tsp (grated)
Cumin powder (jeera powder) – 1/4 tsp
Lemon juice – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – to fry
All-purpose flour (maida) – 1 tbsp.
Bread crumbs – 1-2 cups
Black pepper – 1/4 (optional)
Chat masala – 1/4-1/2 tsp (optional)
* Peel the boiled potatoes and mash them properly. Keep aside.
* Chop onion and green chilli.
* In a bowl, mix mashed potatoes, chopped onion, green chilli, red chilli powder, grated ginger, salt, cumin powder, black pepper powder, chat masala and lemon juice.
* In another bowl, take all-purpose flour and add water to it. It shouldn’t be so thick nor so thin like water. Add little salt to it.
* In a plate take the bread crumbs (Learn how to make bread crumbs at home).
* Heat up oil in a wok.
* Make the tikkis and dip them in the all-purpose mixture one-by-one and then roll it over the bread crumbs.
* Deep fry till golden brown.
Serve hot with chatni. In my case, with dinner 😉