Quick Paneer Capsicum
It’s a quick, easy, no-fuss recipe. Please excuse me for the horrible kadhai I am using for this recipe, but you know I wanted to make it really “quick” so grabbed whichever vessel I got first.
- Paneer – 200- 250 gm (diced)
- Onion – 1 big (cut small)
- Capsicum – 1 pc (diced)
- Tomato – 1 big (diced)
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Jeera Seed – 1/4 tsp
- Jeera Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Black Pepper – 1 pinch
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4-1/2 tsp
- Dry FenugreekLleave – 1tsp (roasted and crushed)
- Salt – to taste
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4-1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Coriander Leaves (chopped) – for garnishing
- Heat oil in a kadhai.
- Add jeera.
- When it starts crackling, add onion.
- When onion turns translucent, add capsicum.
- When capsicum becomes little tender, add tomato.
- Add salt and all the dry masala except garam masala and dry fenugreek leave.
- Cover the kadhai with a lid and let the masala cook.
- When the masala is cooked, add garam masala and dry fenugreek leaves.
- Now add paneer.
- Mix it well and then add milk to it. Make sure to add milk at low flame or switch off the gas while adding it. You can use cream also instead of milk; I wanted to make it low-calorie that’s why used milk.
- Switch off the stove after 1 minute and garnish the curry with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with roti/chapati/paratha etc.