This is a quick rice recipe which you can make as a lunch or a dinner when you have no time to indulge into making proper meal. By the time you make raita and roast papad, it gets ready!
Raw rice – 1 cup
Cauliflower florets – 1/2 cup (cut into small pieces)
Tomato – 1 tbsp (cut into pieces)
Frozen peas – 1-2 tbsp
Onion – 1 tbsp (cut finely)
Garlic – 1/2 tsp (finely chopped or grated)
Green chilli – 1/2 tsp or according to liking
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
Salt – to taste
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Cumin seed powder – 1/4 tsp
Black pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1 pinch
Water – 2 cup
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves-1 tbsp (finely chopped)
* Wash rice properly and keep aside.
* Heat up ghee in a pressure cooker and add cumin seeds.
* Now add garlic and after few seconds add onion.
* Fry for 1-2 minute(s), now add cauliflower and fry for 1-2 minute(s).
* Now add tomato, green chilli, peas, turmeric powder, cumin seed powder, black pepper powder and salt.
* After 1 minute, add rice and 2 cups of water. Sprinkle garam masala powder and coriander leaves.
* Give one whistle and then turn off the stove.
Serve hot with raita and papad 🙂