Reginette in spinach-tomato sauce
I have used reginette in this pasta dish, you can choose any pasta of your choice.
Reginette – 2 cups
Spinach (blanched and finely chopped) – 2 tbsp
Tomato (blanched, peeled and chopped) – 4-5 tbsp
Garlic – 1/2-1 tbps (finely chopped)
Chilli flakes – 1/2 tsp (or as per your liking)
Onion (cut) – 2 tbsp
Black pepper – 1 pinch
Oregano (dry) – 1/2-1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Soy sauce – 1-2 tsp
Olive oil – 1-2 tbsp
* Boil reginette till 95% cooked in salted water. Strain and run through cold water> Sprinkle some oil, mix well and keep it aside.
* In a wok, heat oil and add chopped garlic. Fry for 1 minute (we don’t want it to turn brown).
* Now add chopped onion in it, fry till translucent.
* Add blanched and chopped tomato. Fry it for 3-4 minutes.
* Add salt and blanched-chopped spinach. Cook for 1 minute.
* Now add soy sauce, black pepper and the boiled reginette. Give it a toss. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
* Switch off the stove and sprinkle dry oregano and chilli flakes.
* Mix it well.