Sabz deewani handi!
I am in love with this veg. these day. Whenever we go out for dinner this is a “must to order” dish from my side. So I thought why not learn it and as they say “jab kisi cheez ko poori…” etc etc that Shahrukh Khan dialogue in Om Shanti Om. I was having my lunch and was watching TV and then suddenly some chef came and started showing the recipe of deewani handi. Not to mention, I jumped out and noted down the recipe. I gathered all the ingredients and made it the next day itself. It came out really well and as good as the restaurant one..eeeee.. 😀
* Onion pieces – 2 tbsp (cut into length)
* Blanched spinach leaves – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
* Blanched fenugreek leaves – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
* Tomato – 1 tbsp (cut into length)
* Coriander powder – 1/2-1 tbsp
* Turmeric powder – 1/2-1 tsp
* Green chilli – 1/2 tsp (chopped)
* Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
* Onion paste – 1 tbsp
* Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
* Curd – 2 tbsp
* Cashewnut paste – 3 tbsp
* Salt – to taste
* Oil – 1-2 tbsp
* Boiled mixed veg – 1 cup
* Cream – 1 tbsp (optional)
* Coriander leaves – for garnishing
* Heat up oil in a wok and add cumin seeds.
* Now add onion paste and fry till golden brown.
* Now add onion and fry till it turns transparent.
* Add fenugreek leaves, spinach and green chilli.
* Add tomato.
* Now add all the dry masalas (coriander powder,turmeric powder, salt and garam masala).
* Add curd. Cook till it leaves oil.
* Now add cashewnut paste and cook for 2 minutes.
* Add the boiled veg.
* Cook for 2-3 minutes.
* Turn off the stove and dd cream.
* Garnish it with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with roti/chapati/rice!