Tamatar Pyaz Chatni
I love tomatoes and that’s the reason I am feeling like having this chatni even while posting the recipe..lol 😛
Though this chatni is versatile, I like it more with uttpam, idli and dosa. Here is the recipe of mini uttapam->
Instant Mini Uttapam
* Chana dal – 1 tbsp
* Urad dal – 1 tsp
* Onion – 2 medium (cut into pieces)
* Tomato – 1 large (cut into pieces)
* Coconut powder – 1 tbsp
* Salt – to taste
* Green chilli – 1 -2
* Oil – 1 tbsp
* Curry leaves – 2-3
* Red chilli – 1 pc
* Heat little oil in a pan and then add chana dal and then urad dal.
* Now add green chilli and onion.
* When onion becomes translucent, add tomato.
* Add salt and let the tomato become mushy.
* Now add coconut powder and then turn off the stove.
* Let the mixture cool down and then make its paste with little water.
* Now for tempering, heat oil in a pan and then add mustard seeds, red chilli and curry leaves.
* Serve with dosa/idli/uttapam.