Do you have leftover rice at your home and you don’t know what to do with it? No problem, just make this yummy tava pulao in no time. Tava pulao is readily available on the road sides of Mumbai (as I have heard). Typically, it is made on a tava, but since I find handling wok better, I make it a wok instead of tava. Ofcourse, it doesn’t make any difference in the taste 😉 Lets look at the recipe.
* Cooked rice – 4 cups
* Green beans – 5 pcs.
* Carrot – 1 pc. small
* Button mushroom – 5-6 pcs.
* Frozen peas or boiled peas – 2-3 tbsp.
* Green chilli – 2 pcs.(chopped finely)
* Onion – 1 medium size
* Tomato – 2 small size
* Salt – to taste
* Pav bhaji masala – 1 tbsp
* Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
* Capsicum – 1 small
* Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
* Oil or ghee – 1-2 tbsp
* Cut all the veggies into small pieces and keep it aside.
* Heat up oil in a wok and then add chopped green chilli and ginger-garlic paste.
* After 1-2 minute(s), add onion.
* When it turns transparent, add other veggies (except tomatoes) one-by-one in sequence of their cooking time.
* After 3 minutes, add the pav bahji masala, turmeric powder and salt.
* Add tomatoes and cook till tender.
* Now add the cooked rice and mix well.
* Cook for 2 minutes.
* Turn off the stove.
Serve hot with raita and papad.