The classic egg curry!!
I am a Brahmin by caste and my family is into total vegetarian food. I don’t remember from where I developed the taste of egg but no egg cooking is allowed at my home. My hubby is so much into non-veg food. He simply can’t live without it. So it was after marriage I was allowed to cook egg at my new home. But to my surprise, I didn’t know how to boil an egg. Gradually I learnt it; so for all those novice egg cook, I have also mentioned how to boil an egg at the end of the recipe.
* Boiled egg – 4 nos.
* Clove – 2 nos.
* Cinnamon-1/2″-1″ stick
* Bay leaf-1
* Green chilli-1 tsp (finely chopped)
* Black cumin (shahi jeera)-1/2 tsp
* Onion- 1 ½ cup (sliced)
* Tomato-1 cup (finely chopped)
* Ginger-garlic paste-1 tbsp
* Coriander powder-1 tbsp
* Cumin powder-1/4 tsp
* Black pepper powder-1/4 tsp
* Garam masala powder-1 tsp
* Turmeric powder-1 tsp
* Oil-for frying
* Salt-to taste
* Coriander leaves (chopped)-to garnish
-> Heat oil in a wok. Fry boiled eggs till golden brown. Take them out.
-> Take out the excess oil and in the remaining oil add bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon and black cumin.
-> Now add ginger-garlic paste and fry for sometime.
-> Now add sliced onion and fry till golden brown.
-> Add all the dry powders, mix well. Cook till oil separates.
-> Now add tomato and salt. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
-> Add garam masala. Add water and give it a nice boil. Now add the fried eggs. Mix well.
-> Turn off the stove.
Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with rice or paratha! 🙂
How to boil eggs:
* Take eggs (preferably at room temperature) in a pan and add water till the eggs’ level.
* Put the pan on high flame and let it boil.
* When the waters starts boiling, lower the flame and keep it for another 5 minutes.
* Now turn off the stove and cover it with a lid and keep it for around 10-15 minutes.
* Its boiled 😉