Poha/flattened rice (thick variety) – 1 cup
Onion – 1 medium (finely chopped)
Garlic and green chili paste (or grated/finely chopped) – 1 tsp
Mixed veggies of your choice (I am taking cauliflower, peas and carrot) – 1/4 cup
Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
Black pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – to taste
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice – 1/2-1 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Desi ghee – 1 tbsp
Garam masala – 1 pinch (optional)
* Take poha in a bowl or colander and wash properly. Squeeze out the water (till the maximum you can) and add salt and garam masala (optional). Mix well and keep aside.
* In a kadhai heat oil and add chopped onion in it.
* Now add garlic-green chili paste.
* After 1 minute, add the veggies of your choice.
* Let the veggies cook a little.
* Now add little salt, turmeric powder, cumin powder and black pepper powder. Mix well.
* Cover the kadhi with a lid and turn the stove on low flame.
* Cook the veggies till they are tender.
* Now add the poha and mix well.
* Turn off the gas and mix lemon juice and desi ghee.
* Garnish with bhujia and serve hot.
A trick:- When poha is planned in my breakfast menu on any weekday, I cut and keep the veggies in ziplock bag in the freezer a night before. That way it takes not more than 10 minutes to prepare it.